How to fix high CPU Usage 100% Problem in Windows 10? Windows 10 introducing a whole new user interface along with several new features. It includes numerous services developed with the aim of providing the best performance and productivity of the system in general.
But as we know that no operating system comes as a perfect one, Windows 10 has some issues too reported by users. Among such problems, many users reported that they were facing some programs are slowing down the system by consuming high power from disk and CPU.
When I took a look at this problem I found that high RAM and High CPU usage due to some extra processes and features turned on mainly and sometimes due to outdated drivers in your system.
This causes various impacts on the operation of the system such as unexpected restarts, slow application and file execution, locks and others, all of which affect the productivity of each user. Many of Windows 10 users reported on Reddit and Microsoft forums about this problem.
How To Fix High CPU Usage 100% Problem in Windows 10
Method 1. Run DISM command to decrease high CPU usage
1. Click on Start and search CMD [Command Prompt (Admin)], sign in with your administrator account;
2. Type: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit Enter;
3. Type: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:RepairSourceWindows /LimitAccess and hit Enter;
4. Type: sfc /scannow and hit Enter;
Restart PC after this and then CPU high usage or RAM high usage issue have been lowered down by then.
Method 2. Disable Superfetch and Windows services to fix Windows high CPU usage
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager;
2. Go to Services tab and click Open services;
3. Navigate and locate Superfetch, right click on it and select Properties;
4. Click Stop to end the Superfetch service and click OK to confirm the change;
5. Press Win + R to open Run dialog > Type: msconfig and click OK;
6. Check Hide all Microsoft services under Services tab > Uncheck all other remaining services > OK to save all changes;
7. Restart Windows 10 Fall Creators > Enable any services individually and reboot PC > Repeat the process till Windows 10 Fall Creators high CPU usage issue gets fixed by then.
Method 3. Use Registry Editor to fix Windows 10 Fall Creators high CPU usage error
Note: One thing that you should know is that Registry Editor may clear and remove some useful files on your PC while running below clear command to fix high CPU usage issue in Windows 10 Fall Creators.
Therefore, please do remember to backup important files and data to an external storage device before you trying below tips.
1. Press Win + R to open Run dialog and type: Regedit, hit Enter;
2. Follow the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management;
3. Find: ClearPageFileAtShutDown and set its value to 1;
4. Restart computer and then CUP high usage issue will be fixed.